NOW is a multi-issue, multi-strategy organization that takes a holistic approach to women’s rights. NOW’s priorities are winning economic equality and securing it with an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that will guarantee equal rights for women; championing abortion rights, reproductive freedom and other women’s health issues; opposing racism; fighting bigotry against the LGBTQIA community; and ending violence against women. Learn more about NOW’s priority issues.
Palm Beach County NOW’s Core Issues:
- Advancing Reproductive Rights
- Advocating for Justice in the Courts
- Ensuring Economic Opportunity
- Achieving Equality with the Ratification of the ERA (Equal Right Amendment to the U.S. Constitution)
- Stopping Violence Against Women
- Securing LGBTQI Rights
- Promoting Diversity and Ending Racism
All issues are based on two primary pillars:
- Women’s rights are Human rights. When women are equal, strong, and cared for, so are children and men.
- The social, political, environmental, health, and economic spheres of our society are interconnected.
*NOWPBC subscribes to NOW National’s concept of ‘intersectionality.’*