The Parental Consent bill has been scheduled in the Judiciary Committee for next Wednesday, January 15that 10:15 am – 1:15 pm . There are 3 other bills unrelated to this one scheduled and we expect that this one will take up most of the time in committee.This is the SECOND committee stop for the Parental Consent bill in the Senate. This is our best chance to make sure we put pressure on Senator Simmons to vote against it. We need all hands on deck!
- If you are in Tallahassee, Planned Parenthood would love to work with you to testify or waive in opposition of the legislation. Please let Laura Hernandez <Laura.Hernandez@ppsenfl.org> know as soon as possible if you will be available to speak or waive and she will be able to provide you with any talking points and prep you may need.
- The following targeted members’ offices must be flooded with call from now through Tuesday. Below are the numbers for their Tallahassee offices:
- Chair Senator David Simmons: (850) 487-5009
- Senator Dennis Baxley: (850) 487-5012
- Senator Travis Hutson: (850) 487-5007
- Senator Kelli Stargel: (850) 487-5022
- Planned Parenthood has put up a timeline on their website explaining the dark truth behind this bill. Click Here for the Planned Parenthood Link
The bottom line for these calls would be to say: “I urge you to vote NO on SB 404, voting for this unconstitutional bill is supporting Senator Baxley’s white supremacist rhetoric on abortion that will put young people, who already face obstacles to health care, at risk of further jeopardy.”
Florida National Organization for Women | P.O. Box 1281, New Port Richey, FL 34656
Leave a Reply